It is Father's Day this Sunday so we created an easy recipe you could make for Dad. We used our Pepperberry Honey to coat the lamb shanks and add delicious spicy sweetness but if you don't have this on hand, you can use pure honey and add spices of your choice!
- 2 lamb shanks
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tablespoons Pepperberry Honey
- Sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- Dissolve tapioca in a small amount of warmed chicken stock to ensure it doesn't go clumpy, then combine the balsamic, red wine, chicken stock, dissolved tapioca and salt in slow cooker and mix together.
- Add the lamb shanks to the slow cooker and coat them with the Pepperberry Honey.
- Cut the onion into sixths, place in slow cooker and add sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme on top.
- Cover & slow cook for 6-8 hours. The larger your shanks the longer it will take. You want the meat to be falling off the bone.
- Serve with creamy mash potato (to soak up the jus) and some steamed greens.